Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Collection of personal information by Edwards Providore
Edwards Providore will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner. The types of information we may collect include:
- Identifying and contact information (for example, name, address and email address);
- Financial information (for example, credit card details);
- If you register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website, information about your purchases and your other activity on our website (for example, tracking which areas of the website you visit and the content you view).
We collect personal information to provide you with the products and services you request, as well as information on other products and services offered by us.
If you do not provide personal information requested of you to Edwards Providore, we may be unable to
provide you the products or services you have requested or contact you in the future.
Use and disclosure of personal information by Edwards Providore
Edwards Providore will only use or disclose your personal information as permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (http://www.privacy.gov.au).
We will use your personal information to:
- Fulfil your purchase orders for our products and/or gift certificates;
- Maintain, administer and improve our systems;
- Provide you with information about our products, store launches, events or other promotional information.
If you provide your email address, you consent to Edwards Providore using your email address to contact you for the purposes listed above.
Data quality and security
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, Edwards Providore will take reasonable steps to:
- Make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- Protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- Where permitted by law, destroy and permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
Edward's Providore credit card transactions are fulfilled by an authorised banking institution. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, Edwards Providore offers secured server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to prevent others from accessing it. All information is stored on a secure server. Your credit card details are encrypted and then removed from our system once your order has been dispatched.
Further information, complaints and requests for access or correction
Have any queries about how Edwards Providore handles your personal information;
Have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by us,
Please contact us by:
Telephone: (03) 5444 2244
Further information about the application of the Privacy Act can be found at the website of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au.
If your web browser is set up to accept cookies, a cookie will be stored on your hard drive when you visit Edwards Providore’s website. Cookies allow Edwards Providore to collect information about your computer, which may include your IP address (a number assigned to your computer when you register with an Internet Service Provider), type of browser, operating system, domain name, and the details of any website which has referred you to this website.
Cookies also allow Edwards Providore to recognise your computer while you are on Edwards Providore's site, and to send you to the country of origin and language you selected on your first visit to Edwards Providore's site. This information is used to maintain the quality of our service and to provide tracking and statistics regarding the use of our website.
If you would rather not have this information stored on your computer, you can configure your browser so it does not accept cookies. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to access all parts of this website, including the purchase section.