Raspberry vinegar, used in this salad's vinaigrette pairs, perfectly with the richness of the lamb and provides the fruity punch that balances out the warmth of the other tastes. Though this is a year round salad, the colours say "Autumn in Bendigo" to us!
Ingredients for the vinaigrette
For the salad
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the sweet potato and onion wedges on prepared tray and drizzle over 1 tbs oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
2. Drizzle Lamb backstrap with olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Heat a barbeque or chargrill pan to high heat, add lamb and grill until browned and cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Slice backstrap diagonally into slices.
4. For the dressing, in a small bowl whisk the raspberry vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Arrange baby salad leaves, mint leaves, roast sweet potato and onion wedges on a serving plate. Top with slices of lamb. Drizzle over the raspberry vinaigrette and top with crumbled feta and pine nuts.